Sunday 12 June 2011

New Romanticism 1979 - 1982

New romanticism is epitomised by flamboyant frills, luscious fabrics and historical references to dandified regency designs. It is both glamorous and theatrical, which is probably why I love it. I've always been attracted to loud clothing!


Adam and the Ants totally sum up new romanticism. I don't know if they are at all famous in other countries, but in Britain they're legendary. This song is sooo catchy!

In an attempt to try out a new romantic look for myself, I purchased these two beautiful dresses:



The sweetheart necklines, puffy skirts and soft velvet material are typical of the 80's. The second dress even has a bustle! I've been debating putting these in my vintage shop for ages, and I think the time has finally come. It's so difficult to let them go! If only I needed clothes more than I need food, then maybe I could afford to keep them XD

No comments:

Post a Comment